|Type||Class K Star|
|Mass||~0.7 Solar Masses|
|Ruling Bodies||Aetolian Council|
The linear progression of events from the initial Grayson habitation within the System, to modern day speculation and fragments of information from the Vounna veil.
- 2488 - Katai-1 set up as a Grayson Manufactories mining site. Waystation planned.
- 2498 - Waystation set up in orbit of Kataigal under authority of the SCG, serving as a refueling point and rest stop, under the name SGWP Deliah.
- 2509 - Small colony station founded by Nanotrasen in orbit of Katai-2, due to the founding of Deliah. Serves as a ‘home away from home’ for some begrudging Grayson employees.
- 2515 - Aetolus considered for colonization. Aether Atmospherics sets up an outpost on the planet’s surface for atmospheric filtration, in preparation.
- 2522 - Aether facility mothballed due to loss of interest, after multiple small habitats are constructed nearby.
- 2524 - Near-abandoned Aether facility acquired by Nanotrasen. Repurposing begins.
- 2526 - Habitats previously constructed by Aether are purchased by multiple smaller parties, including a sizable internal fraction of positronics, with the intent of colonization.
- 2528 - Small colony set up within the habitats. Aether Atmos once more requested to aid in the efforts.
- 2529 - Habitats expanded. Planetary governmental framework beginning.
- 2529 - Official colony name, ‘Aetolus’, established, marking the start of the colony’s official history.
- 2531 - Aetolus' economic base leans toward agrarian, in agreement with Nanotrasen’s previous mining rights. Mining operations continue.
- 2531 - Repurposed Aether facility dubbed Nanotrasen Mining and Observation Point (NMOP) Sisyphus.
- 2534 - Nanotrasen Research Station Prometheus constructed in orbit of Aetolus, as a sister station to NMOP Sisyphus.
- 2537 - Colony publicly supports a majority agreement with the SEO, due to Nanotrasen influence.
- 2541 - Morpheus Cyberkinetics joins the SEO board of directors. Aetoran support pushes further toward the SEO, however minor.
- 2540 - Pr-1 specimen is created aboard the NRS Prometheus.
- 2544 - Aetolian authorities contacted by the NRS Prometheus’ onsite Director regarding the petition of sapience recognition for Pr-1 and Pr-2 as a new species.
- 2544 - Legal discussion between the Aetoran government and the local Nanotrasen stations ends after a full year, resulting in the Aetoran government agreeing to consider them ‘persons’ akin to their population of higher A-class drones.
- 2545 - A-class drone population increases due to lightened EIO regulations the year prior.
- 2545 - Aetoran authorities discuss the prior year’s occurrences with the SGWP Deliah’s officials. More subjects created within other divisions of the NRS Prometheus, following the same Pr-# designation scheme.
- 2546 - In light of their synthetic creation the creatures, now officially dubbed ‘Prometheans’, are held by Sol under similar restrictions as early positronics and drones are, under the EIO. While not classifiable under the drone nomenclature, they are still believed to be a threat in the event of rapid genesis, and require observation and yearly checks.
- 2547 - Nanotrasen is permitted to authorize the creation of Prometheans within its laboratories, under the requirement of strict documentation and care that newly created forms are not a threat at large.
- 2562 (2-03/11) - Naomi Harper stages a coup on Aetolus utilizing Promethean subjects, later to declare Vounna independent.
- 2562 (2-23) - The Almach Association forms following the declaration of the Aetolian Council.
- 2562 (5-25) - Harper's Aetolus maintains a heavy curtain on information on the operation of the Vounna system, despite the loosening of the cordon. Rumors of attempts to create a more powerful strain of Promethean / "Aeoto-Promethean" / "Aetothean" form, though none are believed to be active outside the Association.
Speculation and Intelligence
Here, the timeline is roughly linear, however exact dates are unknown due to limitations of information sources within the world.
- Excavation and dredging operations are increased, in attempts to sate a new need for raw and refined materials.
- The Prometheus is expanded to include more orbital housing, as well as what are assumed to be defensive armaments and testing laboratories.
- The Deliah is set to be decommissioned. Ship movements suggest transport of components to the Agrafa logistics habitat.
- The Agrafa is set to be converted into a vessel of some measure, likely some form of super-heavy mining or defense vessel.
Vounna, the system's only star, shines dimly in the void.
The tropical home-world of the Prometheans, and seat of Vounna's government. The only near-garden world in the Almach Association, her cities are commonly split into multiple soft-domed habitats in order to allow for minor atmospheric filtering to counter the noisome effects of the external air.
Mining and dredging are common occupations in Aetolian cities, though even more common is the cultivation of plants and fungi that specifically thrive within marshland conditions. Some can provide medical substitutes or chemicals through refining, allowing each to provide a base level of medical care for the organic population. Research centers are common, with a large focus in biology and medical fields.
NMOP Sisyphus remains the largest mining site on the planet, despite attempts to rapidly expand Aetolus' industrial base post-Association.
Her industries are now likely to largely be directed toward Research and Development of new medical and otherwise genetic breakthroughs. Long range observation that has been conducted would prove that the cities remain relatively unchanged, however more numerous. Agriculture is likely to expand with a growing population, however mining efforts have increased in attempts to keep the planet competitive as a lone industrial base, combined with the Agrafa in the outer system.
The system's government, operated by the Prometheus and its sister station on the ground, had once assembled itself as a form of direct democracy. However, after the formation of the Almach Association, it reformed into a pseudo dictatorial oligarchy of select individuals under Naomi Harper, following a structure more similar to a research corporation often compared to a military junta. Who the members of Harper's council actually are is unknown behind the tight curtain kept by the state after reformation. Rumors suggest 'Aeto'theans make up a majority, if not the entire council.
This section is dedicated to information non-antagonist characters in-game would not know, however is still important to consider in the story at large. You are warned.
The Council: Formed with Naomi at the head, with a council of the first successful Aetothean created for each subspecies of slime. Some may be the only members of their subspecies alive, for obvious or non-so reasons.
The stations or orbital habitats within the system.
The once-Nanotrasen owned station that was home to the experiments that created the Prometheans, earning them their name. Now, it is one of two paired governmental facilities that oversee the system and house the Council.
The station has continually undergone refitting and expansion since the formation of the Almach Association, likely in order to make it defensible and more fitting as a seat of power.
NT-GMCS Spear of Agrafa is a large spire-format mining and logistics station orbiting Katai-1 in the outer system. It once housed thousands of workers, however a large portion elected to leave the system once it became sovereign.
Its design includes a central elevator, flanked by a logistics center (docks, warehousing, etc) and limited recreational zone. Capped by the actual housing units and command/control spire.
Long-range observation suggests the station is being retrofitted into some form of vessel, likely to act as a mobile mining base or defense vessel.
The scarred SCG station is now derilect, anything of use or importance to the system now salvaged, including components from the hull.