|Access: Cargo Bay, Cargo Office, Maintenance|
Additional Access: Quartermaster's Office, Mining Station, Mining Station EVA, Mineral Storage
Supervisors: Quartermaster and Head of Personnel
Duties: Distribute supplies to the departments that ordered them, collect empty crates, load, unload the supply shuttle...
Guides: Supply Crates
Quote: I get pushed around more than the cargo.
The Cargo Technician's role is to unload crates, load crates, make things in autolathe and mess with the MULE and mail systems. Don't forget to monitor the disposals area as well.
The Cargo bay is your home as a Cargo Technician and, naturally, where you start the game. It contains a Hand Labeler, a Cell Charger and Power Cell set, a Station Bounced Radio, some Rods, a Multitool, a Med-kit, some empty Crates, a MULE, a Copy Machine, and an Autolathe.
This is an alternative way of delivering items, and is usually preferable to MULE transport as long as the pipes are still intact.
- Wrap your item/crate with package wrapper.
- Pick up the destination tagger and click in your hand to set a destination.
- Use the destination tagger on the parcel.
- Optional: Use a pen to write a message on the parcel, or custom set a destination.)
- Stick it on the conveyor, or dump it in a disposals unit, and let the system handle it.
- Tip: Click and drag the large parcels to disposals units to put them in. This can only be done a few times however.
You can also gift wrap packages, but these cannot be tagged with a destination, and have to be delivered manually. This will not work with large objects. The process is slightly more complicated.
- Pick up the item you want to gift wrap.
- Hold a sharp object in your other hand. (Wirecutters are the most common for this.)
- Click the wrapping paper with the item you want to wrap.
Gift wrapping a human is also possible, but they must have a straight jacket on and you need the wrapping paper in your hand. This is usually not a good idea.
Using the MULEBot
- Drag the crate on to the MULE.
- Set a destination with your PDA or on the control panel.
- Send the MULE off!
How to Recharge the MULEBot
- Open up the maintenance panel with a screwdriver. (Make sure the controls are unlocked first!)
- Take out the power cell. (Top entry.)
- Insert charged power cell.
- Close panel with screwdriver.
- The Autolathe can make flamethrowers, bullets, surgical and construction tools, and any number of other pieces in the cheap traitor's toolkit.
- An emag can bust open a locked crate. So can heavy firepower from an energy gun. Do the math.
- The QM will be looking over your shoulder at everything you order. Try convincing them to go out to mine at the asteroid while you order your stuff.
Gimmicks: There are only three jobs on the station outside of Command with access to lethal firearms-- you, the QM, and the Warden. Cargo Techs have less oversight than the Warden and less responsibility than the QM, making them perfectly suited for pulling off mafia-style gimmicks that require lots of guns. You can also traffic these arms and other contraband to other traitors, or supply them to the rest of your team in team modes. You, unlike just about anyone else, have a legitimate use for large quantities of money-- they can be sent back to CentCom for supply points. If you're ordering a lot of guns, a few briefcases full of cash or a quick vault robbery might help speed things up, as would browbeating, converting, or otherwise gaining control over Mining.
| Jobs on Polaris|
|Command||Station Director, Head of Personnel, Command Secretary|
|Security||Head of Security, Security Officer, Warden, Detective|
|Engineering||Chief Engineer, Station Engineer, Atmospheric Technician|
|Medical||Chief Medical Officer, Medical Doctor, Paramedic, Chemist, Psychologist|
|Science||Research Director, Scientist, Roboticist, Xenobiologist|
|Supply||Quartermaster, Cargo Technician, Shaft Miner|
|Exploration||Explorer, Search and Rescue, Pilot|
|Civilian||Assistant, Janitor, Bartender, Chef, Botanist, Chaplain, Librarian, Internal Affairs|
|Synthetic||AI, Robot, Maintenance Drone, Personal AI|
|Antagonists||Traitor, Changeling, Mercenary, Raider, Infiltrator, Cultist, Technomancer, Ninja, Revolutionary, Loyalist|
|Special||Emergency Response Team, Trader, Renegade|