Guide to Food
- 1 Nutrition
- 2 Species-specific Needs
- 3 Food
- 3.1 Microwave Recipes
- 3.2 Ice Cream Vat
- 3.3 Reagents/Condiments/Recipes from Grinding/Juicing or Mixing
- 3.4 Grill, deep-frier and candy machine
- 3.5 Vending Machines
- 4 Tips
As you walk and move about on station, your starting nutrition bar will start to drain from starting green, down to dark red. The effects of hunger are fairly harsh, so keep in mind how long it was since you last ate, and you will be fine. Note that nutrition is typically slow-release, so if you don't fill up immediately, you will in the near future.
If you drop to dark red, you move very slowly and your description reveals your lack of eating habits. You are starving, this is not good! You won't die, but you will move slowly until you eat some food, so head to a the chef for something for substantial than the junk from the nearest vending machine. Note that you can also start the round with a lunchbox with your personal choice of food by selecting it in the loadout.
Certain species have different needs when it comes to nutrition that cooks should be aware of.
- Skrell Cannot digest animal proteins (Meat, eggs, milk, cheese and anything containing these ingredients) and will become sick if ingested.
- Tajaran Cannot process caffeine, and will become sick if they drink coffee, energy drinks, or food containing these as ingredients.
- Teshari Have extremely fast metabolisms and will be satisfied by far less food, but become hungry much faster. Animal proteins have increased nutritional value.
- Unathi Preference for meat. Dislike sugars and react poorly to the cold. Milkshakes do not make a pleased Unathi.
- Promethean Water, and therefore juices and other water-based drinks, are toxic to them. They can eat things that are toxic to other species, however.
Note: Milk, Berry Juice, Soy Sauce, Hot Sauce, Cold Sauce, and Soy Milk are all measured off of reagent units rather then containers (like in previous version). They can be poured directly into the microwave. Additionally, you only need at LEAST the suggested amount of those ingredients instead of exactly the right amount.
Breads, Wraps & Sandwiches
|Bread||1 Dough, 1 Egg||Sliceable.|
|Bread Slice||Slice up a Bread with a knife to get 5 of these||Sliceable.|
|Meatbread||3 Meat, 3 Dough, 3 Cheese Wedges||Sliceable.|
|Tofu-Bread||3 Tofu, 3 Cheese Wedges, 3 Dough||Sliceable.|
|Xeno-bread||3 Xeno-meat, 3 Dough, 3 Cheese Wedges||Sliceable. A fitting, and filling, end to xeno scum.|
|Spider Meatloaf||3 Spider Meat, 3 Dough, 3 Cheese Wedges||Sliceable. Green but delicious.|
|Banana-nut Bread||3 Dough, 5 units Milk, 15 units Sugar, 1 Banana||Sliceable. Contains a massive amount of banana essence.|
|Cream Cheese Bread||2 Dough, 2 Cheese Wedges.||Sliceable.|
|Baguette||2 Dough, 1 unit Salt, 1 unit Pepper||Hon hon.|
|Sandwich||2 Bread Slices, 1 Meat Steak, 1 Cheese Wedge||Talking to your food may result in a trip to the Chaplain.|
|Toasted Sandwich||Microwave 1 Sandwich What was that, Sandwich?||Kill them all.|
|Grilled Cheese Sandwich||Microwave 2 Bread Slices, 1 Cheese Wedge||Space Vegetarian, but not Space Vegan friendly.|
|Jelly Toast||1 Bread Slice, 5 units of Cherry Jelly/Slime Jelly||As if science are gonna give up their slimes for toast!|
|Two Bread||2 Bread Slices, 5 units of Wine||Classy.|
|Jelly Sandwich||2 Bread slices, 5 units of Cherry Jelly/Slime Jelly||You wish you had some peanut butter to go with this...|
|Croissant||1 Salt, 5 Water, 5 Milk, 1 Dough||True French cuisine.|
|Tortilla||1 Flat Dough||The base for all your burritos.|
|Carne Asada Burrito||1 Tortilla, 1 Soy Beans, 2 Cutlets||The best burrito for meat lovers.|
|Cheese Burrito||1 Tortilla, 1 Soy Beans, 2 Cheese Wedge||It's a burrito filled with cheese.|
|Fuego Phoron Burrito||1 Tortilla, 1 Soy Beans, 2 Chili Peppers||A super spicy burrito.|
Soups & Stews
|Meatball Soup||10 units of Water, 1 Meatball, 1 Carrot, 1 Potato||Out of spaghetti? Don't like stew? Here's the thing for you.|
|Nettle Soup||10 units of Water, 1 Nettle, 1 Egg, 1 Potato||Contains trace amounts of sulpheric acid.|
|Vegetable Soup||10 units of Water, 1 Carrot, 1 Corn, 1 Eggplant, 1 Potato||Force feed the Botanists this.|
|Tomato Soup||10 units of water, 2 tomatoes||What, no crackers?|
|Blood Soup||30 units of Blood||They may think you're a homicidal maniac you are when you produce a large amount of these.|
|Slime Soup||10 units of water, 5 units of slime jelly.||Mmm, mmm, oh God my guts.|
|Mystery Soup||10 units of Water, 1 Burned Mess, 1 Tofu, 1 Egg, 1 Cheese Wedge.||This dish contains all the essential nutriment for a growing crew, and almost anything else you can feed them.|
|Chantrelle Soup||5 units of Water, 5 units of Milk, 1 Chanterelle.||The debate on whether you can use Aminitas for the soup goes on.|
|Borscht||10 units of Water, 1 White Beet, 1 Cabbage.||Feed your inner Russian with borscht.|
|Milo Soup||10 units of Water, 2 Tofu, 2 Soy Dope.||Made when the hippies decide to only grow soy crops.|
|Stewed Soy Meat||2 Soy Dope, 1 Carrot, 1 Tomato||Like a steak dinner, only with less murder.|
|Stew||10 units of water, 1 meat, 1 tomato, 1 potato, 1 carrot, 1 eggplant, 1 Chantrelle mushroom.||The perfect thing for when the bar starts to get cold.|
|Cold Chili Stew||1 Meat, 1 Ice Pepper, 1 Tomato||Ice, ice, baby!|
|Hot Chili Stew||1 Meat, 1 Chili Pepper, 1 Tomato||Some like it hot, hot, HOT!|
|Wish Soup||20 Water||Make you wish the chef could cook.|
|Onion Soup||1 Onion, 10 Water||A soup with layers.|
|Vanilla Cake||5 units Milk, 15 units Flour, 15 units Sugar, 9 units Egg|| Slicable and |
|Carrot Cake||5 units Milk, 15 units Flour, 15 units Sugar, 9 units Egg, 3 Carrots||Slicable. Heals minor eye damage.|
|Cheese Cake||5 units Milk, 15 units Flour, 15 units Sugar, 9 units Egg, 2 Cheese Wedges||Slicable. Does not come with scantily dressed ladies.|
|Birthday Cake||5 units Milk, 15 units Flour, 15 units Sugar, 9 units Egg, 1 Cake Hat||Sliceable. Don't forget to make a wish.|
|Apple Cake||5 units Milk, 15 units Flour, 15 units Sugar, 9 units Egg, 2 Apples||Sliceable.|
|Brain Cake||5 units Milk, 15 units Flour, 15 units Sugar, 9 units Egg, 1 Brain||Sliceable. Bother the Roboticist for unusable brains.|
|Orange Cake||5 units Milk, 15 units Flour, 5 units Sugar, 9 units Egg, 1 Orange||Sliceable.|
|Lime Cake||5 units Milk, 15 units Flour, 5 units Sugar, 9 units Egg, 1 Lime||Sliceable.|
|Lemon Cake||5 units Milk, 15 units Flour, 5 units Sugar, 9 units Egg, 1 Lemon||Sliceable.|
|Chocolate Cake||5 units Milk, 15 units Flour, 5 units Sugar, 9 units Egg, 1 Chocolate Bar||Sliceable.|
|Chocolate Egg||1 Egg, 1 Chocolate bar||NT regulations forbid stuffing toys in these things anymore.|
|Candied Apple||5 units of Water, 5 units of Sugar, 1 Apple|| Happy |
Ding-aling ding dong. Get your Nanotrasen-approved ice cream!
For those hot days on the station there's an Ice cream vat, which can be used to make:
In order to create some of these items you will either need to mix the regents by hand or toss them into the blender/grinder and grind them. After which either a finished product will be produced or you will need to transfer the liquid to your CondiMaster Neo in the freezer to create it into a bottle.
Any recipe listed as Grind will require the use of the blender, any recipe listed as Mix only requires the beaker. All of your juices will require the Grinder's other setting Juice.
|Nutriment||Grind any solid food|
|Hot Sauce/Capsicum Oil||Grind chilis|
|Cold Sauce/Frost Oil||Grind ice peppers|
|Soy Sauce||Mix 40 units Soy Milk + 10 units Sulphuric Acid|
|Salt||Mix Sodium + Chlorine (from Chem Dispenser). Salt-shakers can be found in cafe|
|Pepper||Grind pepper-mills in cafe|
|Cheese Wheel||Mix 40 Milk + 5 Universal Enzyme. End result will magically pop a full wheel of cheese|
|Cheese Wedge||Slice up a Cheese Wheel with a knife|
|Chocolate Bar||Mix 2 units Coco powder (grind a Cocoa Pod) + 2 units Milk/Soy Milk + 2 units Sugar|
|Tofu||Mix 10 soymilk + 5 Universal Enzyme|
|Sugar||Grind white beet or sugar cane|
|Dough||Mix 3 units of Egg and 10 units of Flour|
|Meatball||Mix 3 Animal Protein and 5 Flour|
|Bun||Microwave 1 Dough|
|FlatDough||Roll out 1 Dough with Rolling Pin|
|DoughSlice||Cut Flat Dough with Kitchen Knife|
|Spaghetti||Cut Dough Slice with Kitchen Knife|
|RawCutlet||Cut 1 Meat (Any Type). Microwave for a Cutlet.|
Grill, deep-frier and candy machine
You can make any ingredient or existing food into a variety of other interesting variants by using these kitchen machines. Even wondered what a boiled egg gobstopper would taste like? Now's your chance! Experiment and disgust/delight your crewmates.
If you're hungry and the Chef is not around to make you a meal, you might want to check the nearest Getmore Chocolate Corp -vending machine for some quick snacks to fill up your belly. Note that the Chef cannot (or doesn't want to) make these.
- Milk, Soy Milk, Berry Juice, Soy Sauce, Hot Sauce, Cold Sauce, and Sugar are all measured in reagent units rather than by number of containers. They can be poured directly into the microwave.
- Sliceable foods can be divided into smaller portions by slicing them. Their reagents are divided equally into the slices. The slices noted here are the maximum number of slices, which you can get by using a precise cutting tool like a kitchen knife, cleaver, or scalpel; crude cutting tools, like axes, shovels, and saws will result in fewer slices.
- Condiments are reagents can be added to food, possibly increasing their nutrition value or adding some fun extras. A chef can create condiments by grinding up things that contain them and isolating them in the CondiMaster in the back room. Condiments let you put ketchup on your fries, salt in your soup, dylovene on your fish fingers, or psilocybin on your ghost burger--the possibilities are endless. Foods hold a maximum of fifty units of reagents.
- Some poisonous foods can be prepared safely if Dylovene is added to the finished product, or if the poisonous reagent is neutralized somehow. Experienced chefs only!
- Traitor chefs can make some sneaky substitutions.
- Poisonous apples can be used in all apple dishes, and the final dish will be poisoned. Unlike poisonous mushrooms, cyanide apples can easily kill.
- Slime jelly can be substituted for cherry jelly, and will poison the resulting food.
- Anything made with meat can be made with human meat. (It's still necessary to emag the gibber before butchering one's murder victims.)
- Blood is not necessarily poisonous. It is always the same type as the person the brain was taken from, and if the type is incompatible with the recipient, it will cause a rejection reaction. O-negative blood is always safe.
- Units of egg are obtained by breaking eggs into beakers.